Areas of Focus
Marc concentrates his practice primarily on defense of claims involving professional liability, debtor-creditor law, civil rights, employment practices, construction litigation, and general liability. He has received an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, which is its highest rating.
Marc’s experience includes these notable cases:
- Paris v. Steinberg, 828 F. Supp. 2d 1212 (W.D. Wash. 2011). Defense of a lawyer against claims under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Consumer Protection Act. All claims were dismissed in several dispositive motion, including motion to dismiss and motion for summary judgment.
- Everone v. Lease Crutcher Lewis, et al., 167 Wn. App. 1009 (2012). Defense of subcontractor on construction project against claims by owner of adjoining land of negligent destruction of property, trespass to land, and nuisance stemming from the work done on a construction project. Dismissed on summary judgment on grounds of statute of limitations and failure to show proximate cause.
- Boston v. Kitsap Cty., 852 F.3d 1182 (9th Cir. 2017). Defense of jail’s medical provider against claims of deliberate indifference under 42 U.S.C. § 1983. Creating new law that a § 1983 claim is not tolled by a state notice of tort claim, and reversing denial of a motion to dismiss.
- Dana Syria v. AllianceOne et al., 2019 WL 2245937 (9th Cir. May 24, 2019). Dismissal on summary judgment of class action claims against a collection agency based on a convenience charge for credit card payments. Affirmed on appeal.
- Arnot v. Weibel, 2020 WL 2204267 (9th Cir. May 1, 2020). Defense of Deed of Trust trustee against claims of wrongful foreclosure under Oregon’s Trust Deeds Act. Dismissal on Summary Judgment in district court, and claims abandoned on appeal.
University of Miami School of Law, J.D. cum laude 2000
Arizona State University, BA summa cum laude 1996
Washington State Bar
U.S District Court, Eastern District of Washington
U.S District Court, Western District of Washington
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
Washington State Bar Association