Join our team
Lee Smart, a civil litigation firm, is proud of our 100-year history as trial lawyers. We are
rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating, and are looking for a quality associate to
join our practice. Lee Smart specializes in defending clients in a broad range of civil cases. This
includes representing individuals and organizations against allegations of wrongful death, personal
injury, premises liability, motor vehicle accidents, construction defects, product liability, business
losses, etc. We also defend all manner of professionals, including healthcare providers,
veterinarians, attorneys, accountants, architects, and engineers.
Our associates work independently on many different cases, manage demands, and
understand priorities. Lee Smart offers the opportunity to work in all aspects of civil litigation,
including depositions, motion practice, mediations, arbitrations, and trials. A successful candidate
must also have excellent organizational skills, superior attention to detail, and a strong desire to
work as part of a cohesive team of trial lawyers.
- Admitted to practice law in Washington by the start of employment.
- 2 – 5 years experience as a practicing litigation attorney
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop creative legal strategies.
- Demonstrated trial experience and/or trial preparation experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, proven ability to handle
- multiple tasks and work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Compensation for this role ranges from $90,000 to $135,000, depending on
- qualifications and experience. In addition, the Firm has a generous non-
- discretionary and discretionary bonus program.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance is available to all Lee Smart employees
- (Spouse/Domestic Partner and their Dependents), which the Firm partially
- Long-term Disability and AD&D insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement: 401K, with company match up to 3%
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and bereavement leave
- Supplemental Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Transportation subsidy
If you are inspired by what you see and are interested in joining our team, please send a
cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lee Smart is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, and is an Equal Employment